Peake Family Adventures

Join along and stay connected with us as we explore new cultures and countries around the world!

April 10, 2007

High Style in Dubai!




I love the simplicity of camping and soaking up the quiet spaces around me, but I have never been one to say no to a little pampering and bubbly! That is precisely what our good friend, Chet showed us in Dubai. We had our time out on the town looking behind me every so often to see if I would get 'caught' with a beer in my hand out in a public venue. In Dubai the rules are certaintly different than Kuwait. Part of our birthday and Easter celebrations included a brunch at the Fairmont Hotel in the Spectrum on One Restaurant. Here's what one food critic has to say about the brunch selection....

Guide Rating - rating

The Bottom Line

This is the place to go to make everyone happy. You can have the Thai curry or Indian tandori while your wife has the herb-crusted milk-fed veal medallions or the Irish oysters thermidor, your business partner orders the sushi, and your teenager orders something Chinese. Chances are good that you'll be seated close enough to one of the eight theatre kitchens to watch some of your food being prepared.
Pros
  • Variety - eight different kitchens prepare food from Europe, India, China, Japan, Thailand & Arabia
  • Quality - the food is not just varied, it is exceptional
  • Service - the wait staff is excellent
  • the champagne flows freely for 3 hours (my addition)
Cons
  • The difficulty of making menu selections (you can't try everything
  • My turn - This was the most difficult part because everything looked absolutely delicious. I ate as much seafood - raw & cooked - as I could possibly fit into my stomach. Then there was dessert, choices that went on and on with endless yummy possibilities.
This brunch is one to remember and is a must if you are in Dubai. I have to thank Chet for indulging us in something we probably never would have found and now can't live without!
Party on in Dubai!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home